Strippers in Movies
One of the interesting things about strippers in movies is the versatility of the concept. You can see a memorable stripper scene in a comedy, just as easily as you can come across one in a serious drama, a wild action-adventure rollercoaster, and virtually every genre in between. Strippers can be used in a variety of ways to tell or enhance a film story. A memorable stripper scene, whether it’s there to advance the plot, or merely to serve as some window dressing, can appear in virtually any movie or any movie genre.
Memorable Stripper Scenes From Movies
Take a look at these 5 memorable stripper scenes in movies, and you’ll see a pretty wide range of film types. However, all of these movies have one unifying factor in common: All of them involve memorable stripper scenes:
· Closer (2004): Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Julia Roberts, and Clive Owen star in this harrowing relationship drama from director Mike Nichols. Released to critical acclaim in 2004, the movie explores four people pushing the boundaries of their supposed moral limits, all in the name of love and sex. The movie is notable for a number of reasons, but the one people seem to remember the most distinctly involves Portman working as a stripper in an upscale strip club. Clad in only a g-string and pink wig, Portman certainly doesn’t have to try very hard to capture Clive Owen’s attention. She doesn’t have to try very hard to get our attention either.
· From Dusk till Dawn (1996): It’s hard to believe it’s been almost 20 years since George Clooney finally found movie stardom in this bloody vampire cult classic from Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. It’s also hard to believe it’s been almost 20 years since Selma Hayek became a household name. And if you’ve seen the movie, you know the one scene anyone always remembers is the one in which Hayek performs an intensely erotic dance number for a bar of horny, doomed bikers and outlaws (particularly Tarantino!). If you’re going to be devoured by vampires, this is definitely the best way to go!
· Grindhouse: Planet Terror (2007): What is it with Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino, and strippers? The boys certainly seem to know how to make a classic stripper scene in a movie. They continued the trend memorably in Rodriguez’s contribution to the Grindhouse epic, in the form of Rose McGowan working the pole in one of the rawest, sexiest stripteases ever seen in a major motion picture. Say what you want about Grindhouse as a whole, but Tarantino and Rodriguez definitely know how to get your attention at the beginning.
· The Full Monty (1997): Whether or not you wanted to see the likes of Robert Carlyle and Tom Wilkinson strip down to “the full monty” (get it?) is kind of beside the point. The movie itself a hilarious-yet-touching story of friendship, struggling to improvise in uncertain economic times, and family. Getting behind these extremely likable characters’ plan to host a “regular guys” strip show is easy. We also want to see if they will indeed go through with it. If you haven’t seen the movie, then it’s not really fair to tell you. Watch for yourself, and keep in mind that no matter what you see or don’t see, it’s definitely going to make your own list of the most memorable strip scenes in movies of all time.
· Sin City (2005): Tarantino (who directed a scene) and Rodriguez are at it again! Amidst all the film’s violence, it’s easy to want to focus on Jessica Alba’s unforgettable strip scene.
Create your own stripper scene here in the Virginia Beach resort area by calling over one or two of our best strippers tonight.